Millions of websites are vying for the highest ranking on the Google search engine results page. This will allow the company that owns the website to get more profit because the opportunity to reach more target audiences will be wider.
To ensure that the website achieves high rankings, it must be optimized using a series of SEO practices. This is where the role of an SEO specialist is needed.
This article will help you understand the qualifications and duties of an SEO specialist.
Description of SEO Specialist
SEO Specialists are responsible for testing, analyzing, and optimizing a website page so that it ranks high on search engines such as Google.
Intense business competition motivates many companies to hire an SEO specialist. This SEO specialist's job is to ensure that the company's website ranks high on search engine results pages.
When they work, they will use a variety of SEO techniques to create a good user experience, increase web traffic, and develop company brand awareness. In other words, this profession is part of the digital marketing team because the end goal is to increase sales in the company they work for.
SEO Specialist Tasks
- Develop optimization strategies to improve website rankings in search engine search results with targeted keywords.
- Conduct keyword research for use on all web pages or other marketing materials.
- Identify competitors' organic traffic development activities.
- Analyze organic search performance and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Monitor daily performance metrics to monitor the performance of your SEO strategy
- Develop and integrate content marketing strategies.
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, links, and other components to improve the website's position in search engines for targeted keywords.
- Develop and implement a link-building strategy.
- Work with different stakeholders to implement the required SEO initiatives.
- Collaborate with the web developer or other teams to ensure that SEO practices are properly implemented across the website.
- Monitor changes in search engine algorithms to keep up with changes in the SEO landscape
SEO Specialist Requirements
- Have experience building and executing good SEO strategies (On-page, off-page, and technical SEO).
- Have in-depth knowledge of search engine algorithms, ranking factors, and various best SEO practices for websites in various languages (URL structure, hreflang tags, etc.)
- Mastering SEO tools such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console, SEMrush, Ahrefs, and others.
- Have the ability, experience, and understanding of SEO report generation.
- Have technical expertise in HTML/CSS
- Have competitive analysis skills against competitors or business competitors
- Have experience using a Content Management System (CMS) such as WordPress or others.
- Always updated with the latest SEO trends and practices to stay compliant with search engine guidelines.
SEO Specialist Career Path
SEO specialist can be a very interesting career, especially if you are highly curious about people's habits when surfing the internet. Working in the SEO field typically provides flexibility, as some companies allow these professionals to work remotely.
There are various ways to become an expert in the field of SEO. Many SEO specialists start their careers as traditional marketers before narrowing their focus to digital marketing or SEO.
You need to know that no special background experience is required to become a specialist in the SEO field. Many people switch and enter the field of SEO from other fields such as communications, marketing, and IT.
When you start this career, you will be positioned at the junior level. A junior or beginner-level SEO specialist will usually be involved in the more basic aspects of SEO. Furthermore, as they gain more experience, they will move on to more strategic roles and eventually manage a team.
As SEO specialists are involved in a variety of projects, they can also move into completely different roles outside of SEO, such as:
- Project manager
- Product manager
- E-commerce manager, and others.
SEO Specialist Salary
SEO specialist salaries are very competitive and vary depending on the responsibilities assigned. Some companies hire SEO specialists to carry out relatively easy SEO practices for optimizing small business websites with low levels of competition. Others hire SEO specialists responsible for overseeing a comprehensive SEO strategy and managing a large SEO team.
Due to the ever-growing digital industry and the increase in online shopping sites, an SEO specialist can be a promising profession and will continue to be in demand.